Pages

black and white

1/11/11

Covered & Smothered Chicken

This is definitely one of my go to meals when I am in a rut or have company coming!!



6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts                  
a bottle of BBQ sauce (we like Jack Daniels)
season salt                                                          
6 slices mozzerella cheese
1/2 pkg. of cooked bacon                                  
1 or 2 onions- chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sprinkle season salt on both sides of the chicken and brown chicken in extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) In a 9x13 pan pour enough bbq sauce to coat the bottom of the pan. Place chicken in pan and cover with remaining bbq sauce.Cover with tinfoil.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. While chicken is cooking fry onions in evoo or the grease from your bacon.  When chicken is done pull tinfoil off and place about 2 slices cooked bacon on each piece of chicken. Then cover with mozzerella. Cook for 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Before serving garnish with fried onions( a friend of mine uses mushrooms also and says its very good too)!!

2 comments:

annikab said...

This one you sent to me when I was in a rut! I tried it but I forgot the BBQ sauce part! I have done it both ways now and it is SO SO SO yummy with or without the sauce!

Jensenz said...

I am going to make this next month for my bunco group! Thanks Nikki!