Pages

black and white

2/8/11

Jareds Salsa - Favfamilyrecipes.com (adapted by me)

Ok so I thought that Mexican salsa recipe was good but personally  I think this was by far so much better!!!

1 can (15oz.) corn
1 (10 oz) can extra hot Rotel tomatoes (I couldn't find these at the grocery store so I improvised and used a can of tomatoes with green chilies in them then added a small can diced jalapenos)
3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 can (small) diced olives
6-8 oz. zesty Italian dressing ( I made my own with a 1 oz packet of the dressing mix, vinegar, oil, and water -directions on back of one of the packets)
1 medium chopped onion
juice from 2 limes ( I recently made this salsa for a family get together and had no limes on hand but I had a bunch of lemons so I tried that out using I whole lemon and it was sooooo good the whole double batch was eaten that day)
2 tsp. minced garlic

Mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight. When ready to serve you can also add avocados.

No comments: