Pages

black and white

2/14/11

Chocolate Truffles

I made this recipe for the first time almost a year ago for my baby girls birthday party! SO when I was trying to come up with something fun, easy and yummy for Valentines day I thought I would try this again but with a twist.

1 cake mix (chocolate is best but I tried strawberry for Valentines)
1 tub (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
2 bags (12 oz) chocolate chips

Mix and bake cake according to directions on box. Allow cake to cool completely. Crumble cake or process in a food processor so it is just crumbs. Add frosting to crumbs and mix well. I found it is best to just do this with your hands. Roll cake into bite size balls (now you can do 2 different things here, 1-stick a sucker stick in them, or 2 just leave as balls) and place them on a baking sheet for several hours to set up for easier handling.
Once the balls are ready melt chocolate in a microwave bowl and cook for 30 seconds. Check and stir. Continue to microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted completely. BE VERY CAREFUL this is really easy to over cook if you don't watch it (the directions for melting are also found on the chocolate). Gently roll each ball in the chocolate covering completely. Place balls on baking sheet or on wax paper until chocolate is hard. I also melted a little bit of white chocolate and drizzled it over the top of the chocolate and let it set up too.

For my baby girls bday we made them into Minnie Mouse and used oreos as ears and then dipped them in chocolate so they all got covered then I decorated her face and put a bow in her hair!!! (sorry cant find the pic of it)

DONT FORGET TO ENTER THE DRAWING FOR A GREAT GIVEAWAY WE ARE DOING ON FEB. 17, 2011. Follow the YAAAA hit 50 post below to enter!!

No comments: