Pages

black and white

2/18/11

Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes (The Giant Blog of Cooking) adapted by me!

Her picture turned out so pretty and mine wasnt so great but I cant get it to post.
Use your favorite chocolate cake mix for the cupcake.  Follow instructions according to box, or click on the link above for my favorite.

Frosting
1/2 c. fresh strawberries
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 (8 oz). pkg cream cheese
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
(she didn't use any cream cheese she just used 1 c. butter but I like my frosting a little creamier.)
Line your cupcake tin with liners.  Make cake according to instructions.  Cool cupcakes completely. 

For the frosting  place strawberries in a blender of a food processor and blend til it's liquid.  Beat butter and salt until light and fluffy.  Add powdered sugar slowly until combined.  Add vanilla and 4 Tbsp of strawberry liquid and mix until well combined.  Frost your cooled cupcakes.  I melted chocolate chips and drizzled the tops with it.  And I only used about 1/2 c. of chocolate chips.  If you use your microwave, do it in 20 second intervals and stir in between each until it's completely melted.  Make sure it's not too hot or it will melt the frosting.  Top with a fresh strawberry slice or a fanned out strawberry.

No comments: