Pages

black and white

3/31/11

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I had heard about these cupcakes online. I had a batch of cookie dough already made so I thought I would just give it a go and WHOA it was wonderful. We were having a cupcake swap for Relief Society and I wanted to do something out of the norm so I made these. I only needed 12 cupcakes so my hubby took some of the leftovers to work and asked the guys to rate these. Out of a rating scale of 1-5 these babies were given a 6.5!!!!

So there is many ways to go about these.
1- make a batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough
2- buy premade cookie dough in the refrigerated section at your grocery store.
Roll the dough into balls about the size of a quarter FREEZE THESE OVERNIGHT OR FOR A COUPLE DAYS.
Then make your favorite cupcake recipe:
From a box or a made from scratch recipe. Place cupcake liners in muffin tins. Fill 2/3 full with batter. Place one frozen ball of dough into each cupcake liner. Bake as directed on your box or recipe.

Now to frost these babies...
* if you use a yellow cupcake batter you can frost with chocolate frosting HOWEVER
I found a recipe for a frosting that has a cookie dough taste on thefrostedcupcakes.blogspot.com and I use it with a chocolate cake mix.

3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 c. light brown sugar packed
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. milk
2 1/2  tsp. vanilla extract

Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a bowl . Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended. Frost cupcake then top with a chocolate chip cookie.

This is sooo yummy!!!!

No comments: