Pages

black and white

4/2/11

Hamburger Gravy (food.com)

I was never a big fan of school lunch HOWEVER there was a few things that I miss. 1) The peanut butter in the little cups that had a little bit of honey mixed into it. OH MAN I LOVED IT!!! 2) The hamburger gravy on potatoes. I know weird huh! Well I wasn't feeling to well recently and had thawed some ground beef and needed to use it, so I was looking for some kind of comfort food and viola! This is what I found. When my hubby came home he HAD to sample it and then...He couldn't stay out of it! Now my hubby is quite picky and he loves meat so I was worried he wouldn't appreciate this meal. Lucky Me! He loved it!!!

I didn't have one complaint tonight! AND THAT MADE ME FEEL LOTS BETTER! :)

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 an onion, minced
1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper
1 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. beef bouillon
water

In a large skillet brown ground beef and onions. Drain well. Add soup, salt, pepper, bouillon.  Add 1 1/2 -   1 3/4 cans of water to the mixture (using your soup can). Stir in slowly simmer 15-20 minutes. Thicken gravy with the flour to the consistency you prefer. Simmer 5 minutes more. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.

Now this says it will serve 8 (don't think so, I would say 5) HOWEVER I made it a couple times so I can serve it later over noodles! Boom 2 meals!!!

Happy Eating!!!

No comments: