Pages

black and white

3/1/11

THE BEST HOMEMADE FLUFFY PANCAKES EVER (allrecipes.com)


Ok so we have already establishes the fact that we LOVE breakfast for supper! I needed a new recipe for pancakes and found this. When I started making this my hubby looked at me and said VINEGAR in pancakes. I said just don't say a word until you try it. WELL after all was said and done the only thing anyone was saying was "is there more". But just so you know you cant even taste the vinegar !! Hope you love the picture my hubby took lol!


3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Let your mixture sit for about 5 minutes.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

This only makes about 4 pancakes so I had to triple it for my family of six and we had 3 pancakes left. WE ate this with the buttermilk syrup and fresh strawberries. SO YUMMY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki and Rhonda... I think your blog is amazing and and your stuff is amazing, all yummy!!!

go to my blog and accept this award!

you guys rock and the senior citizen food rocks also!

http://salvesenvinylcreations.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

SuzQuez said...

The vinegar makes the milk sour, or like buttermilk. My best chocolate cake recipe has vinegar and milk. YUM!

To Mans Heart & Womans Thighs said...

Yes I use vinegar or lemon juice to make my own buttermilk all the time amd love it! He just wasnt so sure why it had to be in there lol! I bet your cake recipe is amazingggggg!