Pages

black and white

4/19/11

Pork Rub (allrecipes.com)

My sister in law was telling me about a rub she uses for her pork and how wonderful it was so I thought hmmm wonder if I could find the recipe. So after lots of searching and trying I think I found it.



  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar


  • 2/3 cup sugar


  • 3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper


  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt


  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger


  • 4 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder


  • 4 1/2 teaspoons onion salt


  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin


  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika


  • 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed






  • Mix all ingredients together then rub all over pork. I like to use smaller cuts of pork or cut it into chunks to make sure it all has seasoning. You can store this rub in an airtight container for 3 months.

    Yields about 3 1/2 cups

    No comments: