Pages

black and white

4/5/11

Homemade Laundry Soap (my sil Bridgett)

I absolutely hate paying for laundry soap!!!! It is sooo redicously priced and you never know how good it works! My sister in law and I were talking about this a couple months ago and she was telling me how she makes her own and she loves it! So I thought why not give it a try.

My first impression was how good it smelled! HOWEVER it doesnt bubble! So if your a person who believes suds matters then this may not be for you. Our water is well water and sometimes I think it doesnt smell the best so I do sometimes add fabric softner to the load and I havent had any other problems! The stuff in this picture is what it uses and it costs about $10 BUT the only thing you need to replace everytime you make a new batch is the Fels-Naptha bar so it saves you lots of money!

Ingredients:

1 c. super washing baking soda
1 c. Borax
1 bar Fels-Naptha

Grate the bar of fels-naptha into 4 cups hot water. Stir until dissolved. Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of HOT water add the soda and borax. Pour the grated soap mix into bucket then finish filling full with HOT water. Stir and then put lid on and let it sit over night.

MONEY SAVING FOR SURE!!!!

4 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

I use this all the time now! I have for 1 1/2 yrs. love it!

To Mans Heart & Womans Thighs said...

Me too I just hope this will help others save money like us!!!!

Justin Jacki Jaden Halli Ragen said...

so how much do you use for a lg load of wash? how many loads of wash do you get from one batch? i'm gonna try this, sounds interesting! thanks!

To Mans Heart & Womans Thighs said...

I use 2 scoopers full. I save my scoopers from other laundry soaps. I am not quite sure how many loads it does but it is lots of loads lol I'm still using my batch I made before I posted this recipe.