Pages

black and white

9/12/11

Crock pot Chicken Dinner

Football has officially begun!!! So Sundays now include a game or two or ten :) yes I'm a good wife .... actually I think I usually turn the game on before my hubby does. I don't want to be slaving in the kitchen during a game! But yet I still want a nice Sunday dinner. Did you know you can cook a chicken or a lil turkey in the crock pot?? Well you can!! Sunday morning I put it in before church and 7-8 hours later boom dinner is served. All you have to do is season the 5-8 lb poultry. Place 4 balls of tinfoil in the bottom of the crock pot. Place poultry on tinfoil. Turn crock pot on low heat and cook until at temperature (7-8 hours) When meat is done pull it out of crock pot. Take tinfoil out too. You should have juices for gravy. Thicken for gravy. It is so good we never have leftovers :) Yields: 6 servings

No comments: