Pages

black and white

7/25/11

Candy Bar Cake (allrecipe.com)

We recently had a family get together where we were having a weinie roast and we were supposed to bring something to share. I was running late so I thought I better make a dessert since, its the last thing people eat. I had found this recipe online and thought ... what a great oppurtunity to get others opinions of this recipe. :) Well it was definitely a winner!! I was very excited with the response, especially my grandma who loved it!!
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix 1 1/2 cups milk 3 eggs 3/4 cup vegetable oil 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese 1/2 cup white sugar 1 cup confectioners' sugar 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped toppin thawed 1 cup chopped pecans 4 (1.5 ounce) bars milk chocolate candy, coarsly chopped
Preheat oven to 325* F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 (8 inch) pans ( I just did mine in a 9x13 cake pan to make it go further and it was still great.) In a large bowl, combine cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and instant vanilla pudding mix. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan(s) Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, (if you do it in a 9x13 pan like I did it takes about 35-40 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the white sugar and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping, pecans and chopped chocolate. Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake. I hope you had a great 24th!!

No comments: