Pages

black and white

7/11/13

S'mores Graham Krispie Treats

www.countrycleaver.com


I love summer!! It is probably my favorite season with fall being a close second. I LOVE that my kids are home with me all day. I love the warmth of the sun. I love that its baseball season and I get to watch my boys doing what they love. I love camping and I love campfires!!! And you all know what comes with campfires...the hotdogs and SMORES!! But what do you do when you have a serious smores craving and you are going to be at baseball games or traveling??? You make these :) The lady who posted this recipe used semi sweet chocolate chips but unlike Carolyn I am all about the milk chocolate so that's what I used. I also doubled the recipe and did it in a 9x13 pan(cake pan). Then I took these to our ballgame that was on a cold and wet dreary day. I tried to imagine myself sitting by the campfire roasting a marshmallow and making a smore to stay warm lol.



1 bag (10 oz) Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Chocolate chips + 1 for topping
1 box (12 0z) Golden Grahams Cereal
6 Tbsp Butter
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Non-Stick Cooking Spray

Directions:

In a 9x9 inch baking pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large non-stick pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and stir together with butter until marshmallows have melted and become creamy. Stir in vanilla extract.

Fold in grahams cereal until all marshmallows and grahams are evenly mixed together. Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Spread treats into sprayed baking pan. Press into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the treats, lightly press into top of treats to make sure they stick. Place into fridge for 10 minutes to cool.

Cut into bars and eat it up.

No comments: