Pages

black and white

6/27/13

lemon cake pops or mini cupcakes

thebabycakeshop.com


Last month I was asked to make some goodies for Mothers day. I racked my head for some ideas on what to make. I decided to do a chocolate chip cookie, a plain sugar cookie, and a lemon cake pop. I figured with that selection I would have all my bases covered. Mothers who love chocolate ...check, mothers who love plain ...the sugar cookie, and those that like fruity...the cake pop. I knew I had the two cookies covered but I had to find a recipe for the lemon cake pop. I was given a cake pop machine from my son for Christmas and I love it!!! SO after reading through many recipes I chose this one. IT IS SO GOOD!!!! I tried the cake pops dipped in white chocolate, the cake pops dipped in a lemon glaze, and the cake pops dusted with powdered sugar. Every one of them were worthy!!!



1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
Grated zest of 1 lemon
3-4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Directions:
Melt butter and set aside to cool briefly.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium high speed, beat together sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice 1 minute. Add melted butter and beat 2 minutes at medium-high speed.
Beat in vanilla and lemon extract. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended.
Fill each well with about 1 tablespoon batter and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and glaze or coat, as desired.

I took some of the cake pops and put them in little muffin liners and voila they looked like little cupcakes :)

No comments: