Pages

black and white

7/3/12

Buttermilk Banana Bread (Two peas & their Pod)

AHhh summer is in the air and it is sooo nice! I love it when the weather is nice enough that we can go outside and have picnics, enjoy the daylight a little longer, and most importantly PLAY BALL :) But on the days when it is still a little cold I totally get my bake on! I have to tell you though with all the stuff that spring has brought us I have been running like crazy and that sucks lol. So I have to tell you I totally screwed this recipe up when I first made it soooo instead of 2 loaves of banana bread like I planned on. I ended up with 8 :) Oh well more for me to share I guess right:)

My hubs LOVED this recipe!!! He likes that it is moist but not over the top moist. He likes that the top is somewhat crusty and that after 5 days its still really good. I hope you are all enjoying your spring and the warmer weather!!






1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (3-5 medium sized bananas)
4 Tbsp. buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda

Directions:
Grease and flour 1 large loaf pan (9 1/4 X 5 1/4-inch) or whatever combination of pans you’d like. I used a mini loaf pan and a 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 loaf pan. You can also make banana muffins with this recipe, if you wish. Set pans aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until the batter is well mixed.

Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix until well combined. Divide batter into greased and floured pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Let bread cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the bread with a knife and carefully remove from pan. Finish cooling on rack. Slice and serve once cooled

No comments: