Pages

black and white

6/26/12

6 hour tri-tip marinade

foodnetwork.com

When I first saw this recipe I thought yummmm BUT then I seen how much of certain ingredients it called for and I was scared. Especially because I had already started making it. I decided to give it a shot after reading the reviews on it and I am so glad I did!!

This has quickly become one of my husbands favorite meals he is requesting the marinade on all his meats. Good thing its easy to make.





1 cup lemon juice
1 cup soybean oil (I used veg. oil)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup black pepper
1/2 cup garlic salt (recommended: Lawry's)
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped dried onions
2 (4-pound) tri-tips, trimmed (I have tried this on pork & chicken and love it on all of it!!!)

Directions
To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients except for the beef in a large mixing bowl. Place the trimmed tri-tips in a plastic container and pour the marinade over. Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.

Heat grill to medium temperature.

Place tri-tips on grill at a 45 degree angle to establish grill marks and cook about 35 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove the tri-tips from the grill and let rest about 2 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dishes.

*I cooked mine in my oven on 350 in a cooking bag for about an hour and a half BUT DONT overcook this!! Use your thermometer and watch it close. Mine turned out perfect with the center a lil pink like a prime rib YUUUUMMMY!!!

No comments: