Pages

black and white

10/3/11

Baked Caramel Popcorn (allrecipe.com)

Recently I had an all night read-a-thon with my kids. I wanted it to be
lots of fun, and full of lots of yummy food. These are the memories that I want my kids to remember forever and maybe one day do with their kids.

My kids love caramel popcorn but sticky fingers & books don't mix well.
Soooooo I thought we would try a baked aka less sticky caramel popcorn. It
was a hit!!!

The kids lasted until 11:30 and thats about how long the popcorn lasted
lol.



Ingredients
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bags microwave popcorn

Mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup in the microwave. Until boiling.
Remove from microwave and add vanilla & baking soda (be prepared this will make your caramel rise)

Pour over cooked popcorn. Stir until coated well. Place on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 250 stirring every 15 minutes. The longer you cook, the crispier
it gets. Don't cook longer than 1 hour. I prefer 30-45 minutes, its crunchy
but not too hard!!

1 comment:

yadamae said...

Mmmmmm so dang good!! I am so glad I got the chance to eat this totally worth it!! Recipe is a keeper for sure!!!