Pages

black and white

1/31/14

Creamy Rice Pudding

allrecipe.com

I grew up with my grandma making rice pudding whenever we had leftover rice. It is a comfort food to me. My family doesn't like raisins so I didn't put them in however I love it with raisins. I make this for my family when they are sick, its great when you have a sore throat and cant eat certain things. This can be served hot or cold.



3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; stir rice into boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a clean saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.

No comments: