Pages

black and white

4/8/14

Baking Powder Biscuits

allrecipe.com

The other day I had company and I didn't have a clue what to make for breakfast. I had some sausage and eggs so I thought breakfast sandwiches would be great. BUT I didn't have any biscuits.... so I looked for a recipe. I actually made two different ones and this was the better one. However be advised these don't rise much so cut them the size you want them and roll them out thick.



2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening and mix until in little pieces. Add milk a little at a time and mix until it forms a ball.
Roll out on floured board to 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick (or thicker if you like thick like I do.) Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
Variation: For shortcakes add 2 tablespoons for sugar to the dough and roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick.

No comments: