Pages

black and white

9/16/13

Cafe Rio Chicken

realmomkitchen.com

Café Rio mmmmmmmmmm just hearing the name makes me hungry!! I love Café Rio and I am sure I am not alone in this love! This is one of those recipes you can use when your having lots of company over. I love to use this for salad and yes I make tortillas and warm them and place them in the bottom of the bowl I try hard to squint my eyes and feel like I am standing in line at café rio and placing my order ;) I top it with a jalapeno ranch dressing and then top it with the tortilla strips you can buy in the store. Garnish it with some cotija cheese and some guacamole YUUUM guess what I am going to make this weekend AGAIN lol.



2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (I have also used canned chicken and cooked it in a pan)
1/2 cup zesty italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 pkt ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup of water
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin


Place chicken in a crock pot. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.

Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred.

Remove half the liquid from the crock pot and place in a bowl. Add the chicken to the crock pot and combine with the liquid left in the crock pot. You want the chicken nice and moist. Add more of the reserved liquid if needed.

Serve in tacos, salad, etc. You can also freeze the meat.

No comments: