Pages

black and white

4/23/13

Breakfast Casserole

cooks.com


Breakfast is one thing I try and make every weekend. I'm not the mom who wakes up and fixes breakfast every morning. Maybe I would be if I didn't have a little diva to get ready because she takes up most of the morning. My boys would much rather have extra sleep and just grab something at school because around here they feed them breakfast or a little snacky thing anyways. But when we are all together on the weekend I always make up for it. As you can probably tell by now my home is over run by meat and potato eating boys so meals aren't real meals without some sort of meat. If they come to the table and see there isn't any meat they start acting like cavemen around here. Grumbling and hitting things ...ok ok maybe not that bad but close!! This breakfast was really pretty easy. I had a couple packages of croissants in my fridge I wanted to use up so I found this recipe and it was great!







1 lg. can Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 lb. sausage, browned and drained well
2 c. Mozzarella cheese
4 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper or to taste
you could also add chopped cooked mushrooms, onions, olives etc. We added fried mushrooms and onions and it was FABULOUS!!!!

Toppings:
the original recipe doesn't call for any toppings but I love to be able to add veggies when I can
diced tomatoes
avocado
chopped fresh spinach
green onions


Press crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13 inch buttered pan. Sprinkle with cooked sausage, then the 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over other ingredients. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: