Pages

black and white

5/29/13

Chocolate Rice Pudding

I don't remember where I got this recipe I think Betty Crocker

Growing up we always made rice pudding with our leftover rice. It was one of our favorite leftover recipes. But as I have gotten older I have always wondered about different flavored rice puddings. When I seen this recipe I thought all my life problems had been solved I mean CHOCOLATE + RICE PUDDING what could be better :) So if you ever come to my home when we are having rice for dinner don't be surprised to see a huge amount of rice cooking for my small family.... if your going to cook rice you HAVE to have leftovers for dessert :)

4c. cooked white rice
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa (I used dark chocolate but its good either way)
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cans (12oz) evaporated milk

Spray 3 1/2 - 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients and put in cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Stir before serving. Served warm or chilled.


can you tell I like cool whip lol.

I channeled almond joy when I made my last batch of chocolate rice pudding:
I added a smidgen of coconut extract
1/4 to 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
small dollop of cool whip
you can garnish this with so many things: toasted almonds, raspberries, strawberries, etc.

I tried it raw (uncooked) and its already delish! If your looking for a new treat to use things from your food storage. This is completely packaged for that! It calls for evaporated milk and I was out so I did 2/3 c nonfat dry milk with 2/3 c water to make 1 c of evaporated milk.

No comments: