Pages

black and white

3/29/13

BAKED Maple Bars

food.com

MMMMMM maple bars are one of my favorite donuts ever!!!!!!!! But we all know right where they go (hmmmm maybe it has something to do with the title of my blog lol) SO when I started hearing about baked maple bars I thought well they have to be somewhat better for you right :) I know I totally justify eating whatever I want for the most part but that's why I am not a size 2. It you justify like I do u have to try this recipe!!!



Maple Bar
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup shortening
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
2 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
2 large eggs, beaten
4 3/4 cups flour
Maple Icing

Icing:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp mapleine
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions
For Maple Bars: In saucepan scald milk.
Add shortening, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
Dissolve and let cool to lukewarm.
In large bowl dissolve 2 packages of yeast in water.
Add beaten eggs and stir.
Stir saucepan mix into yeast mixture.
Gradually add flour. Knead.
Let rise in bowl for an hour. Punch down and roll out to 1" thickness.
Cut into squares and let rise again on lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 425°F for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Watch carefully.

For Icing: In saucepan mix butter, brown sugar and milk.
Bring to boil and simmer 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
Add mapleine and then powdered sugar and blend well.
Add more powdered sugar if needed.
Spread on maple bars and enjoy!!


These are good the next day after being zapped in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds :)

No comments: