Pages

black and white

2/12/13

Chicken Pillows

Bakespace.com




I grew up on chicken pillows but when I got older and became a little obsessed over spices(especially garlic) I would add different seasonings when I would make them. I recently found this recipe and tried it out and thought it was great! My husband isn't a chicken pillows kind of guy unless you make a gravy to put over it by that I mean a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of chicken broth ;)

2 pkg crescent rolls
3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1-2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2-8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp butter
8 green onions chopped
milk or melted butter
Italian bread crumbs

* I have also made these with flavored cream cheese its yummy too!!


Place frozen chicken in a crockpot with 1 cup chicken broth. Cook on low for 4 hours or until cooked through. Shred. season with paprika and garlic salt. IN a mixer mix cream cheese, onions, butter, and chicken, Separate rolls and spoon a heaping tablespoon onto big end of rolls. Roll up like crescent rolls and dip in melted butter or milk then coat with bread crumbs. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. These can also be frozen after they have been cooked.

No comments: