Pages

black and white

2/28/13

Chicken Asparagus & Mushroom Skillet

(allrecipe.com)

I am so tired of the snow and the cold. I am ready for summer ...baseball, SUN, flip flops, warm weather, cookouts, and did I mention SUN!!! But I will settle on spring as long as it comes with some SUN!!!! We love to eat asparagus in my family and my hubby and I have been craving it so when I went to the store the other day and seen some beautiful asparagus (yes there really is such thing as beautiful asparagus lol) I bought it right away then went searching for the recipe that had the 3 ingredients I wanted chicken, mushrooms, and asparagus.

This recipe is very light and yummy! It would be a perfect meal for those warm spring days (yep still dreaming).



6 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. white cooking wine (chicken broth works fine)
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
Shredded parmesan cheese


Directions:

1. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high; stir the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and wine into the butter mixture. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes.
2. Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice. Serve hot with shredded parmesan cheese over the top of it.

Serves 6

No comments: