Pages

black and white

1/8/13

Slow Cooker Beef Brisket

Allrecipe.com

Have you ever tried beef brisket? it can be a more costly cut of beef but it is so tender that once in awhile you just have to do it. I was honestly a little nervous about this recipe because my husband isn't a big chili sauce kind of guy but he loved it and so did the rest of the family. And I loved it for a few reasons 1) I think chili sauce and roast go together like peanut butter and jelly. I like to dip my pot roast in chili sauce :) 2) It was soooo easy to throw together and let it cook all day. My hubby was so worried it would be dry and kept asking if I should turn it off but after 8 hours it was sooo moist and tender he had to eat his words. (Thursday I will be posting the potato recipe I made with it that is now one of my families most favorite potato recipes.)





Ingredients
1 (3 pound) beef brisket
2 (12 ounce) bottles chili sauce (I used my homemade bottled chili sauce)
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
2 teaspoons garlic powder


Place the beef brisket into a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix together the chili sauce, onion soup mix, and garlic powder. Pour over the brisket. Cover, and cook on the Low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Slice the brisket against the grain, and pour the gravy over the slices.


Serves 6

No comments: