Pages

black and white

9/5/14

Grilled Taco Chicken

Our Best Bites

I was going through recipe books the other day when I came across this beauty. It looked so good we made it the next day. We drove 35 minutes just to get the limes because we were so anxious to try it lol. This recipe calls for 4-8 hours to marinade but we did it overnight because I knew I wouldn't be around to make it that day. I can not tell you how good this recipe is!!! I made 12 pieces of chicken because there is a follow up recipe for the leftovers, the kids were so mad I wouldn't let them have more. This is a new favorite for sure at our house. My husband doesn't like fruits with meat so he was really hesitant about it. But it was the BOMB!!!! This chicken is definitely finger licking good :)



1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 juicy limes
1-2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Place chicken breasts in a zip top plastic bag. Squeeze lemons over chicken. Add vinegar and the minced garlic. Seal the bag and shake to distribute the marinade. (I just mixed the vinegar, lime, and garlic together and then poured it over the top).
Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees).

Combine chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Remove chicken from bag and discard the used marinade. Rub the spices onto the chicken. Place chicken breasts on the hot grill. Grill for 7 minutes, turn, and grill for an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat to a clean plate and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: