Pages

black and white

1/3/12

chocolate peanut butter bars (LaurensLatest.com)

So I was out blog stalking looking for something new and different and I stumbled upon a new blog and I think I fell in love!!! I found lots of recipes I want to try but thos one sounded yummy and I had everything for it already which is a HUGE bonus!! My family devoured it.




yields: 24 bars
Ingredients:
for the chocolate layer 1-18.25 oz. box chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
for the peanut butter crumble: 1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup oats
2 tablespoons flour
2 oz. semi sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks (or just use some chocolate chips I used milk chocolate)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter and egg together until well combined. Press into an even layer into prepared pan. Set aside. Melt peanut butter and butter together in microwave safe bowl until butter has melted completely and peanut butter has softened. Stir in remaining ingredients until oats and flour have been incorporated. Sprinkle over chocolate layer and gently press peanut butter crumble into the chocolate layer. Top with chocolate chunks and bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Enjoy warm or cool completely, remove bars from pan and cut into 24 even squares. Store in air tight container.

No comments: