Pages

black and white

9/28/15

Peach Cobbler

Cooking is something that my family loves! Some of my kids best memories with their grandmas are cooking. My 10 year old little boy is always asking when he can go over and help grandma bake again. I decided that every Sunday I would teach one of my kids how to cook something. My oldest has been cooking for awhile now and he even makes at least one meal a week. Last Sunday my 12 year old and I made peach cobbler from scratch. I involved all the kids in peeling and cutting up the peaches. It was actually a lot of fun. Then he mixed all the ingredients and made the fruit part and then the cobbler. If a 12 year old can do it, so can you :0)

I have been using this recipe for 16 years. I have used it for apple cobbler or peach cobbler and make it just the same. I have never found a better recipe for cobbler.



FRUIT MIX
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. flour
6 cups peaches (or apples etc)
MIx well and pour into a pan. You can use a 9x9 pan or a 9x13 pan depending how many people you are serving.




COBBLER:
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
mix above ingredients.
Cut in 1/4 cup (room temperature) butter
Add:
1/4 c milk
1 egg

(If you are putting this in a 9x13 pan double the cobbler recipe to make more)

Mix well. Make into balls or use a cookie scoop. Put over the top of the fruit mixture. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.



No comments: